The Shrine was established in 1924 and continues to be operated by the Missionary Servants of the Most Holy Trinity to this day. During Fr. Judge’s time serving with a parish in New York, he witnessed pilgrims arriving from Italy and Ireland to America. With them they brought the deep Catholic traditions of their faith. He quickly noticed the need to preserve the faith of the immigrant families and foster the formation of the faithful laity as missionary disciples of Jesus.
Fr. Judge established the Shrine as a place for all to be renewed in faith and sent out as missionaries in the providence of their everyday life. A place to grow in understanding that every Catholic is an apostle. The Shrine is a “Mission Center”, a place of learning, celebrating, healing and sending. As a Mission Center the religious and lay staff minister under the Missionary Servant Rule of Life which states: “Our specific mission is the preservation of the faith in areas and among people who are spiritually neglected and abandoned, especially the poor. Our chief effort is to develop a missionary spirit in the laity, with the goal that every Catholic be an apostle.”